Stims Day 3
I think I'm losing my mind. Seriously. Usually I am a very punctual, anal, well-scheduled person. I don't lose things, I don't forget things, and unless something outside of my control has made me late I am always on time. However, since this whole IVF thing started, I have consistently managed to lose things like my keys, my cell phone etc. I struggle to find the right word when I'm talking to people lately. I walk into rooms to specifically get something and then I can't remember what it was that I went in there to get. It's a wonder I can even type this, truth be told.
So, it should come as no surprise that I went for my blood draw today and was promptly told that no, my appointment is for tomorrow. Dammit! I woke up an hour early, sat in traffic for 40 minutes, packed my HCG and Gonal F pen up in a cooler to take with me to work (instead of shooting up in the privacy of my own home) and for what? For nothing. When the receptionist told me I made a mistake, I didn't believe her at first. I pulled my schedule out of my purse, and sure enough, there under "Wednesday" was my appointment time. I've looked at that schedule a million times, obsessively checking to make sure that I inject myself with the correct dosages. Oh well, I guess my already exhausted ass can look forward to one less hour of sleep tomorrow morning. Grrrrr.
Other things that I've noticed on the 3rd day of stims: I am soooo thirsty today. I can't get enough water. That is weird for me. I've never been one of those water bottle-toting women. It's actually hard for me (usually) to drink enough water. But not today. Dying of thirst.
Also, I am still bleeding. It's not spotting either, it is red blood. Is that normal?
Guess I'll ask when I go back to the RE's tomorrow morning....
So, it should come as no surprise that I went for my blood draw today and was promptly told that no, my appointment is for tomorrow. Dammit! I woke up an hour early, sat in traffic for 40 minutes, packed my HCG and Gonal F pen up in a cooler to take with me to work (instead of shooting up in the privacy of my own home) and for what? For nothing. When the receptionist told me I made a mistake, I didn't believe her at first. I pulled my schedule out of my purse, and sure enough, there under "Wednesday" was my appointment time. I've looked at that schedule a million times, obsessively checking to make sure that I inject myself with the correct dosages. Oh well, I guess my already exhausted ass can look forward to one less hour of sleep tomorrow morning. Grrrrr.
Other things that I've noticed on the 3rd day of stims: I am soooo thirsty today. I can't get enough water. That is weird for me. I've never been one of those water bottle-toting women. It's actually hard for me (usually) to drink enough water. But not today. Dying of thirst.
Also, I am still bleeding. It's not spotting either, it is red blood. Is that normal?
Guess I'll ask when I go back to the RE's tomorrow morning....

7 Comments:
At 12:11 PM,
Portlairge said…
It's the drugs and the pressure of infertility. I went to acupuncture at 12:00pm every Saturday. One day I was pottering around at home when my phone rang. It was my acupucturist wondering where I was. I had it in my head that my appointment was at 2pm. I don't know where that came from!!
Also, I bled for 6 days wih my lupron period
At 12:28 PM,
charlie's mom said…
I had the same symptoms. I immediately put the blame on the hormones- why make lower the self esteem any further? Luckily for us, it IS the hormones.
At 7:46 AM,
Mellie said…
FFP - I've only done 2 shots of Lupron and definitely feel T.I.R.E.D. I don't know whether or not to blame it on the drug or just on the rainy, stay-in-bed weather we've been having.
Also, I'm surprised you had an u/s before your Lupron period showed up. I'm not supposed to go back to the clinic until day 3. And I love reading all the nitty-gritty of your cycle. Keep it coming!
At 7:12 AM,
beagle said…
I agree . . . blame it on the drugs!
And by the way, (I hope this makes you laugh, not feel even worse . . .)you're still a day ahead because you wished me good luck today (thank you!) but my appointment is tomorrow! How funny is that?
Hang in there! You're actually coping extremely well, I think.
At 1:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
This is very interesting site... »
At 7:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Blue tooth headsets for motorola v551 paris hilton 206 cc peugeot used vinyl plotters citibank mastercard payments online gi bill pay chart pg e pay bills online Nude dancing clubs online check payment bellsouth pay bill online Nasel spray for male impotence Body kits for g35 amateur hottie Pirated xbox games Perverted amateur Account bank merchant offshore Mydiscount broker 2004 subaru baja data recovery hard drive pc Methodist hospital medical billing and payments online
At 7:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home