Rambling Thoughts
It still hasn't sunk in yet. I definitely haven't used the "P" word yet. I don't feel any different physically other than a little bloated and a little constipated. And my boobs hurt when I'm lying in bed at night. But other than that, I would swear to you that this is all really just a dream.
I had my 2nd beta today and the number tripled to 2388. What does that even mean? I would suspect multiples, of course, but other than that I am clueless. Is it bad that my numbers are rising so quickly?
We are all experts in the area of reproductive endocrinology. Any woman who has experienced at least a year of infertility and has access to a computer probably knows as much about the field as any expert. Okay, well maybe not as much, but we know a lot. But my area of expertise ends at the end of the two week wait. I've never made it farther than that. Now that I have, I am a complete moron in the matters of all things pregnancy. And to complicate it more, I don't want to research anything because I feel like I'll jinx it if I do.
After the feelings of confusion come the feelings of guilt. It's hard to be happy when so many of my IF sisters are still out there struggling. I'm sorry if the news of my positive beta hurt anyone when they read it. I'm sorry because I know how it feels to be simultaneously happy for someone else and sad for yourself. It's hard to smile through clenched teeth, I know.
Sometimes it is hard to know what to say. So I just wanted to say Thank You. Thank you for your well wishes and your support. For your encouragement and your enthusiasm. And for your grace and your resilience. I appreciate it more than you know. Thank you so much...
I had my 2nd beta today and the number tripled to 2388. What does that even mean? I would suspect multiples, of course, but other than that I am clueless. Is it bad that my numbers are rising so quickly?
We are all experts in the area of reproductive endocrinology. Any woman who has experienced at least a year of infertility and has access to a computer probably knows as much about the field as any expert. Okay, well maybe not as much, but we know a lot. But my area of expertise ends at the end of the two week wait. I've never made it farther than that. Now that I have, I am a complete moron in the matters of all things pregnancy. And to complicate it more, I don't want to research anything because I feel like I'll jinx it if I do.
After the feelings of confusion come the feelings of guilt. It's hard to be happy when so many of my IF sisters are still out there struggling. I'm sorry if the news of my positive beta hurt anyone when they read it. I'm sorry because I know how it feels to be simultaneously happy for someone else and sad for yourself. It's hard to smile through clenched teeth, I know.
Sometimes it is hard to know what to say. So I just wanted to say Thank You. Thank you for your well wishes and your support. For your encouragement and your enthusiasm. And for your grace and your resilience. I appreciate it more than you know. Thank you so much...

10 Comments:
At 11:48 AM,
Mellie said…
Good news is always welcome here in IF blogland. Mazel tov on the high beta. Keep growing little embryo(s)!
At 12:05 PM,
beagle said…
If no one posted good news out here then we would all just curl up in a corner and give up!
There is something VERY different about a fellow IF'er beating the odds than say the average person telling you in a chirpy voice . . . we weren't even "really" trying . . .
I know it's still a scary time . . . try to enjoy the now, for now.
At 12:52 PM,
seattlegal said…
I agree with beagle. We all need some good news and it is different when a fellow IF'er gets pregnant. Take care!
At 6:19 PM,
Portlairge said…
What a fantastic number. I suspect multiples, but either way that is a good strong number. I am so excited for you. I know how you feel about all our sisters in infertiliy blogland. I feel the same guilt but I also feel the love that they send our way, no matter what.
At 12:36 AM,
Thalia said…
Tripling is better than not tripling, so congratulations. It might be multiples, you'll just have to wait and see!
At 11:41 AM,
x said…
I agree with Beagle - we have to read good news sometimes or why bother doing all this IVF crap.
Actually, reading about it working for somebody on cycle #1 just gives me hope - I start cycle #1 in a few weeks.
I don't know anything about beta numbers, sorry I can't help there.
At 9:02 PM,
Mony said…
Oh wow. WOW!
This good news has enlightened and inspired me immensely! How wonderful for you! I am absolutely thrilled & delighted that in your world...things are amazing.
Don't feel bad darling, not at all... we need good news like this to keep going. Congratulations! Praise IVF! Now, take Care!
At 9:54 AM,
Liz said…
So happy for you!!!! It's nice to hear some good news for a change. When is your u/s...it has to be multiples.
At 5:56 PM,
Feebee said…
Just wanted to come out of the woodwork to say congratulations, I'm delighted for you. Enjoy every minute of it.
At 2:10 AM,
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Free phone card moldova Vistana resort at world golf village 1995 mitsubishi eclipse Ionamin fortw.htm travel insurance protection Bextra buy india California voip valium on line vitamin b12 Gloria golf resort berek Lexapro symptom boards bingo porsche sales high speed internet access blonde Registrar logo en espana Hydroporn interracial Credit report 2 Arkansas horseback riding honeymoons Volvo v70 cv boot
Post a Comment
<< Home