Fertility Faux Pas

One woman's quest for mommyhood, despite the fact that most of her girly parts aren't behaving in a socially acceptable manner.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Two weeks

Since we started trying to conceive back in 2002, I have been living my life in two week increments. Two weeks til ovulation. Two weeks til menstruation. Over and over and over again. It was a seemingly endless cycle.

Then when we started IVF, it was 2 weeks til LH surge. Two weeks of Lupron. Two weeks of stims. Two weeks of PIO which went hand in hand with the two week wait. It's all so tedious really.

When I got my positive beta results, I let out the smallest sigh of relief. Not because I thought this whole IF nightmare was over, but because I thought Finally, I can stop living my life in those damn two week increments.

So, you can imagine my annoyance when I called SNATCH to schedule my ultrasound and they told me the first available appointment is in...two weeks.

Each day that passes that I don't go there to get a blood test result I believe a little less that I am pregnant. Even though my third and final beta number was 5222, I still want more proof. I'm like a needy girlfriend who needs constant reassurance. How can they make me wait two weeks? Don't they love me anymore?

So if anyone needs me, I'll be here...worrying and wondering and of course, waiting. For two weeks. Shit.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Mellie said…

    I was thinking just this weekend as I got my period, that once I get pregnant it'll be joyous to not have to continually be counting in my head. Then of course I realized that it won't end with the pregnancy - you'll be counting each week as it passes and that baby develops. So all I can say is - congrats on making it to the next stage of waiting. It's huge that you're there.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Portlairge said…

    The counting and the numbers never end for infertiles. Maybe when we are holding a baby we'll stop. You should call the RE's office every nmorning to see if they got any cancellations.

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think it will settle in for a while. A long time, probably. Hang in there, you'll get there.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Oh those darn 2ww I guess they never end. Your final beta was GREAT!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home