Fertility Faux Pas

One woman's quest for mommyhood, despite the fact that most of her girly parts aren't behaving in a socially acceptable manner.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sinners

As I was eating my breakfast and watching Good Morning America this morning, I almost spit my cereal out when I saw an interview featuring the couple in this article:

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060509/APC0101/605090635/1003

So I guess what they are trying to tell us is that this woman should have lied to her boss about why she needed time off if she wanted to keep her job. Because, you know, breaking that pesky "Thou shalt not bear false witness" commandment isn't nearly as bad as *gasp* in vitro fertilization.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, what's next - your employer rummaging through your medicine cabinet to find out if you are using birth control - since that's against Catholic doctrine too?!

    How ridiculously ridiculous.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Winnifred said…

    OMG!!!!! I seriously can't believe that article. Thanks for sharing the link!

    I guess that couple would have been in trouble either way - because in catholic vows you AGREE TO PROCREATE. What if you cannot?

    I grew up catholic... and i've alwyas had issues with the church!!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger beagle said…

    It is very hypocritical in my humble opinion.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mony said…

    Well if it's good enough for Mary to get pregnant without actually having "SEX" with her good husband, Joseph, then it should be good enough for us all.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Chastity said…

    One more reason not to be Catholic.

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Demeter said…

    Totally insane!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Demeter said…

    It is me again, please don't forget to take your folic acid. 400 mcgs a day

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home