Moving On
We're feeling better about things around here. I think we just needed some time to digest the fact that a mistake was made that could impact the health of our baby. A mistake that we never saw coming and one that could have been avoided.
There's nothing that can be done about it now. It doesn't matter anyways, because I wouldn't trade this pregnancy for anything. I know how lucky I am. We're already so in love with this baby, and we're putting all of our hope in the 75% chance that she will be just fine.
And yes, I said "she". We had our level II ultrasound on Wednesday and found out that our baby is a girl. There couldn't have been a better time to find out. I needed that news to remind me that she is a person...my daughter. Not a mistake. Not a product of damaged goods. And certainly nothing to be sad about.
I can't wait to meet her so I can thank her for reminding me how lucky I am.
We're going to the beach for a week tomorrow. Hubs and I could both use the break. We're really looking forward to it.
To those that are in the 2ww now, I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news when I get back...
There's nothing that can be done about it now. It doesn't matter anyways, because I wouldn't trade this pregnancy for anything. I know how lucky I am. We're already so in love with this baby, and we're putting all of our hope in the 75% chance that she will be just fine.
And yes, I said "she". We had our level II ultrasound on Wednesday and found out that our baby is a girl. There couldn't have been a better time to find out. I needed that news to remind me that she is a person...my daughter. Not a mistake. Not a product of damaged goods. And certainly nothing to be sad about.
I can't wait to meet her so I can thank her for reminding me how lucky I am.
We're going to the beach for a week tomorrow. Hubs and I could both use the break. We're really looking forward to it.
To those that are in the 2ww now, I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news when I get back...

14 Comments:
At 12:11 PM,
Thalia said…
I'm so glad you are coping. And congratulations on finding out you are having a daughter. How very exciting! I hope you have a great trip.
At 1:50 PM,
Lut C. said…
75% If only we were talking about the odds to win the lottery.
I hope you and your little girl get really, really lucky on this one.
At 2:13 PM,
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear you sounding alright. Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous, but it seems as though you have found the serenity to accept whatever happens as on your path. Your daughter will be much loved.
At 3:03 PM,
Liz said…
A little girl...how wonderful!!! I'm glad you are finding the strength to stay positive. Will pray that all will be well with your lil one. Enjoy your getaway.
At 3:59 PM,
Winnifred said…
what a wonderful post to read tonight! I'm so glad you're feeling better :) and happy to know it's a little girl you're expecting!
Congratulations :)
At 6:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
you are awesome! your little girl is so loved.
At 10:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am glad you are coming to terms with this - its so hard when the mistake is not one of your doing. 75% is very high. Enjoy the beach and I hope to have some good news to share when you when you get back.
At 10:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the girl as well!
At 8:07 PM,
Chastity said…
That sounds like a great attitude! Just think...when the weather man says there's a 25% chance of rain, people don't even bring their umbrellas. You're going to have so much fun with your daughter; I'm loving my time with mine soooo much.
At 10:50 AM,
Mellie said…
I'm glad that you guys are doing better. And congrats on learning that it's a girl! May the 3 of you have a wonderful vacation.
At 5:33 PM,
Demeter said…
A little girl, that is so wonderful! It is great that you two are taking things with perspective. Your little girl will be fine.
At 12:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
My god daughter's parents are both carriers of CF, didn't find out until they were a few months along in the pregnancy. They gave birth to a perfectly healthy, happy baby girl that is now four years old. Just wanted to send an encouraging story to you.
At 11:16 AM,
jude said…
Congrats on your little girl!
I send all my support and hugs out to you and your hubbie!
At 10:06 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi, Fertility Faux Pas,
I am the producer and director of a documentary on infertility and in vitro fertilization entitled Technostorks. Information about the film is available at http://www.technostorks.com
The film just won an award for Best Health Documentary at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival.
It would be great if we you could include information about the film in your blog.
Good Luck! Hope it works out.
Best,
Andrei Kirilenko.
Post a Comment
<< Home