Confessions of a Pregnant Belly-Rubber
First, I’d like to thank everyone for the continued support and encouragement regarding the health of my baby. It’s something I need to vent about, because I’d explode if I didn’t. To tell you the truth, most of the time I’ve resorted to completely suppressing all my fears about CF by mentally sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling LALALALALAICAN’THEARYOULALALALALA whenever the dark thoughts arise. Not the healthiest way to do things, I realize. Thankfully, those scary thoughts haven’t been as bad lately though because I’ve tried SO HARD to focus on the good stuff that is associated with this pregnancy instead. All this concentration and focus is hard, to be sure, but it’s definitely helping.
I’ll talk about it again when I need to, but in the meantime, I’m going to get off the CF tangent for a while and blog about happier things.
For example:
This past weekend Hubs and I went to a customer sponsored golf outing at the beach. Because my family works together, my sister and brother in law also came, along with their 9 year old daughter. This was thrilling to me, as I rarely get to spend any good “quality time” with said 9 year old. She’s at the age where she is still a child, but I can already sense that the years filled with teenage angst accompanied by a general sense of apathy are just ahead of us. So, like her mother and grandmothers, I am trying to jam in as much time enjoying her during these last few moments of her childhood before she decides that she is way too cool to hang out with the likes of any of us. Or until she starts wearing a training bra. Whichever comes first.
I took her to the pool on Saturday while her parents were playing golf. I was laying on one of the chaise lounges, while she was in the water, hanging off the side and talking to me.
Does your stomach hurt? She asked.
No, why?
You are always holding your belly, like your stomach hurts.
Sure enough, my hands were firmly ensconced around my protruding belly.
I guess I like putting my hands there because I can feel the baby kicking all the time, I told her.
You can FEEL it?
Yeah, it’s cool. Want to come see?
This question was answered by a long, high pitched squeal from her that coincided with a look of bemusement and disgust. I took it as a No.
This conversation got me to thinking: Had I really become one of those belly rubbing women that I used to glare at with contempt every time I saw one of them in line at the bank or perusing the baby goods aisle at the grocery store?
Later on that evening, we had to go to a reception dinner. It was good southern fare: pork bbq, baked beans, hush puppies, corn on the cob, coleslaw, peach cobbler…the works. I was in heaven as I wolfed down two plates of food. Apparently, the baby liked it too, because as soon as I was done eating she started flipping and turning like she was doing some sort of appreciative dance to thank me for the good eats.
I noticed my neice staring at me again. I was a little embarrassed…Did I have food on my face or something? I mean, I was shoveling it in like someone was going to take it away from me.
I asked her What are you looking at?
To which she exclaimed Your napkin! It’s MOVING!
Sure enough, I looked down at my lap, which was covered by a folded cloth napkin and noticed that with each kick the baby made, the napkin convulsed enough that you could actually see it move.
This time, curiosity got the better of my neice. She came over and asked Can I feel?
Of course, I said as I took her hand, and covered it with mine as I placed it on my belly.
As if on cue, the baby gave a good swift kick right behind my belly button and then turned away from us so that you could feel her little bottom push out against our hands.
Her eyes got wide and this time she squealed with excitement and said That is SO COOL!
It is cool, I thought.
For the rest of the weekend, that child couldn’t keep her hands off my belly. Now she touches it every chance she gets.
And so do I. I admit it.
I’ll talk about it again when I need to, but in the meantime, I’m going to get off the CF tangent for a while and blog about happier things.
For example:
This past weekend Hubs and I went to a customer sponsored golf outing at the beach. Because my family works together, my sister and brother in law also came, along with their 9 year old daughter. This was thrilling to me, as I rarely get to spend any good “quality time” with said 9 year old. She’s at the age where she is still a child, but I can already sense that the years filled with teenage angst accompanied by a general sense of apathy are just ahead of us. So, like her mother and grandmothers, I am trying to jam in as much time enjoying her during these last few moments of her childhood before she decides that she is way too cool to hang out with the likes of any of us. Or until she starts wearing a training bra. Whichever comes first.
I took her to the pool on Saturday while her parents were playing golf. I was laying on one of the chaise lounges, while she was in the water, hanging off the side and talking to me.
Does your stomach hurt? She asked.
No, why?
You are always holding your belly, like your stomach hurts.
Sure enough, my hands were firmly ensconced around my protruding belly.
I guess I like putting my hands there because I can feel the baby kicking all the time, I told her.
You can FEEL it?
Yeah, it’s cool. Want to come see?
This question was answered by a long, high pitched squeal from her that coincided with a look of bemusement and disgust. I took it as a No.
This conversation got me to thinking: Had I really become one of those belly rubbing women that I used to glare at with contempt every time I saw one of them in line at the bank or perusing the baby goods aisle at the grocery store?
Later on that evening, we had to go to a reception dinner. It was good southern fare: pork bbq, baked beans, hush puppies, corn on the cob, coleslaw, peach cobbler…the works. I was in heaven as I wolfed down two plates of food. Apparently, the baby liked it too, because as soon as I was done eating she started flipping and turning like she was doing some sort of appreciative dance to thank me for the good eats.
I noticed my neice staring at me again. I was a little embarrassed…Did I have food on my face or something? I mean, I was shoveling it in like someone was going to take it away from me.
I asked her What are you looking at?
To which she exclaimed Your napkin! It’s MOVING!
Sure enough, I looked down at my lap, which was covered by a folded cloth napkin and noticed that with each kick the baby made, the napkin convulsed enough that you could actually see it move.
This time, curiosity got the better of my neice. She came over and asked Can I feel?
Of course, I said as I took her hand, and covered it with mine as I placed it on my belly.
As if on cue, the baby gave a good swift kick right behind my belly button and then turned away from us so that you could feel her little bottom push out against our hands.
Her eyes got wide and this time she squealed with excitement and said That is SO COOL!
It is cool, I thought.
For the rest of the weekend, that child couldn’t keep her hands off my belly. Now she touches it every chance she gets.
And so do I. I admit it.

19 Comments:
At 12:46 PM,
Demeter said…
Lovely post! Isn't it wonderful? Even kids can aknowledge how cool it is! I am so happy you are enjoying your little one, and holding your belly (just in case).
I find rubbing my belly constantly as if mine could feel it too.
At 1:39 PM,
charlie's mom said…
Yeah you just can't help it can you? I used to hate the belly rubbers, yet here I am. Go ahead and blame it all on the bbq though- it's a good excuse.
At 3:21 PM,
Anonymous said…
GREAT story!! I can't wait to feel my little bean moving around. You sound really good and sitcking your fingers in your ears is a great way of dealing with it... I will follow your lead when I start to worry!!
At 8:15 PM,
soralis said…
You deserve the belly rubbing... so go for it!
Take care and enjoy!
At 6:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm sure that if "it" lives, It'll probably be such an unconcious thing for me. It'll just become a habit. I feel kind of stupid doing it now.
At 11:06 AM,
Lut C. said…
You rub away! :-)
At 2:40 PM,
Chastity said…
I LOVED this story! That is absolutely the most amazing feeling. I wish there was a way to somehow record that feeling so I could experience it over and over. Cherish all of those kicks while you can :).
At 6:00 AM,
x said…
enjoy every last second of contented belly rubbing, it's been well earned!
At 4:38 PM,
Anonymous said…
Only for community fertilityfauxpas.blogspot.com! HOT! Out of stock
1.[URL=http://www.gettopdrug.info/tramadol.htm]Buy Tramadol (Generic Ultram) with no prior prescription, overnight delivery, COD orders accepted. Shipped from a licensed U.S. pharmacy[/URL]
2.[URL=http://www.gettopdrug.info/viagra.htm]Largest selection online of cheap generic medication. No prior prescriptions required. FREE worldwide shipping.[/URL]
At 11:15 AM,
Anonymous said…
Re us this is nice dirs!!!! this text about all. enjoy
[url=http://romantic.meelord.org/boyfriend-christmas-gift-romantic.php]boyfriend christmas gift romantic[/url]
[url=http://online.meelord.org/certificate-food-gift-online.php]certificate food gift online[/url]
[url=http://free.meelord.org/apple-card-free-gift-ipod.php]apple card free gift ipod[/url]
[url=http://baby.meelord.org/gift-basket-corporate-gourmet-baby.php]gift basket corporate gourmet baby[/url]
[url=http://christmas.meelord.org/christmas-gift-for-girl.php]christmas gift for girl[/url]
not lose your minute.
At 7:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
MESSAGE
At 7:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
tomorroy this large cars are relevant against! the same might be told for small car websites.
[url=http://loan.carspages.org/car-title-loan-oregon.php]car title loan oregon[/url]
[url=http://ford.carspages.org/car-ford-rental.php]car ford rental[/url]
[url=http://www.carspages.org/how-to-buy-a-new-car.php]how to buy a new car[/url]
[url=http://honda.carspages.org/car-civic-honda-si.php]car civic honda si[/url]
[url=http://insurance.carspages.org/car-cheap-insurance-liability.php]car cheap insurance liability[/url]
[url=http://used.carspages.org/used-car-boston.php]used car boston[/url]
Auto prices still get she cry? You can spend , money on auto — even without changing your driving habits or selling your new car.
At 11:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
MESSAGE
At 11:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
[url=http://canon.slim-cameras.org/index3.php]canon digital video camera[/url]
[url=http://software.slim-cameras.org/index3.php]camera digital evision [/url]
[url=http://panasonic.slim-cameras.org/index.php]panasonic digital camera[/url]
[url=http://olympus.slim-cameras.org/index.php]camera digital olympus sp[/url]
At 3:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
Only for community fertilityfauxpas.blogspot.com! HOT! Out of stock
1.[URL=http://topsearche.info/tramadol.htm]Cheap TramadolNo Prior Prescription Required. US Based Pharmacy, US Licensed Doctors, Free Online Consultation. Fedex Overnight Shipping.[/URL]
2.[URL=http://topsearche.info/viagra.htm]Largest selection online of cheap generic medication. No prior prescriptions required. FREE worldwide shipping.[/URL]
At 7:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
[URL=http://www.tenniswebsite.info/drill-tennis/]drill tennis[/URL]
[URL=http://tenniswebsite.info/court-tennis/cost-of-a-tennis-court.php]cost of a tennis court[/URL]
[URL=http://tenniswebsite.info/prince-tennis/fan-fiction-prince-tennis.php]fan fiction prince tennis[/URL]
[URL=http://tenniswebsite.info/cup-tennis/2006-cup-davis-tennis.php]2006 cup davis tennis[/URL]
At 12:32 PM,
Anonymous said…
[URL=http://volleyballwebsite.info/volleyball-butt/]volleyball butt[/URL]
[URL=http://volleyballwebsite.info/beach-volleyball/dead-or-alive-xtreme-beach-volleyball.php]dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball[/URL]
[URL=http://volleyballwebsite.info/history-of-volleyball/game-history-short-volleyball.php]game history short volleyball[/URL]
[URL=http://volleyballwebsite.info/womens-volleyball/penn-state-womens-volleyball.php]penn state womens volleyball[/URL]
At 9:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work hot latino hardcore fuck foto pornostar in sesso hardcore hot xxx hardcore sexy lesbians Hummer ht3 Extreme puffy tits
At 3:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home